Welcome back Panthers! We hope everyone’s been practicing writing 2017 instead of 2016 🙂
- Save the date, this year’s fundraiser will be on Friday, January 27th.
- Donation flyers will be sent home on Monday.
- As in the past, volunteer hours will be given per ticket sold.
- If you won’t be able to stay, all meals will be served in to-go containers.
- Pre-Sale flyers will go home this week along with Personal Dedication & Advertisement Forms.
- This year’s memory book will be hardcover and as always, full color.
- We will be accepting advertisements from local businesses and/or proud parents. Parents you can include a personal message, photos, and meaningful quotes/verses. Photos must be given to Ms. Sam via a CD-ROM, USB Flash Drive, or e-mail via email@example.com.
After School Tutoring
- After School Tutoring will begin on Monday January 30th. Tutoring sessions are marked on the school calendar (Mondays and Wednesdays) with 2 panthers (1 sitting at a desk and another standing next to him).
Flag Football & Cheerleading (PK Soccer)
- Sports Session 2 continues on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sports is also marked on the school calendar with 2 panthers (except 1 will be running with a football and the other will be holding pom poms).
- Sports Session 3 (Soccer and Cheerleading) forms will go home later this month.
Dress Down Days
- Every Tuesday in January, staff and students are encouraged to wear Orange t-shirts and jeans for $2. The $2/week fee will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in conjunction with our Pasta for Pennies Fundraiser.
- On Wednesday, January 11th we continue to wear red shirts & jeans for $2. Money raised will be donated to Neurofibromatosis Research. Your SoHo Panther Staff will once again be participating in the Miami Cupid Run with other Academica schools on February 11th. We have about 33 days left to raise money for our run. Check out our page here: https://my.cupids.org/teampage.asp?fundid=39850.
- Our second quarter Vocabulary Parade falls on Thursday, January 12th. Each student will select a word and turn it into a costume. Please see your child’s teacher for more information.
- The first Friday of every month is College Awareness Day. Staff and students are encouraged to wear their favorite college t-shirt or jersey and jeans for $2.
- NOT A DRESS DOWN DAY – Class Photos will be taken on January 18th. Students are to wear their school uniform. Pictures will be taken in the cafeteria.
- No school on Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 16th)
- No school on Monday, January 23rd (Teacher Planning Day)
- Monthly PALs meeting will be held on Friday, January 13th @ 8:30 AM.
- Bi-Weekly Progress Report updates go home on Thursday, January 19th.
- The 2nd Quarter Ends on Friday, January 20th. The 3rd Quarter Begins on Tuesday, January 24th.
- Q1 & Q2 Honor Roll Invitations will go home on or around Tuesday, January 24th. The 1st Semester Honor Roll Assembly will be held in February.